BEMER and a Prayer

 It began with a prayer. A prayer for a baby that we could love, snuggle, see grow, and raise alongside our baby boy Samuel.

It began with a loss; a loss of that sweet baby boy or girl. It began with severe discomfort. Not just a deep indescribable heartache, but also a discomfort in my back, triggered by the hormones and whatever else my body decided to do in response to that second loss.


It began with a connection. A connection to a mentor, an elder, a friend. It started with a connection to a device I didn’t think could be real.


There was a connection to the heart for hope that I needed more than anything at the time. It began by coming in, feeling like a ghost; like a hollow being with nothing left to give.


It began with a desperate need for something, ANYTHING, that would bring comfort. Not only in my mind and soul but also in my body. The discomfort that felt like an electric current going from my back, down my leg, to my foot. The discomfort that kept me from functioning for my family; my wonderful husband and my living son.


It has been a year since I began using the BEMER, since I began going to Circulation Station and connecting with people who had my best interest at heart. As I reflect on that year, it amazes me the changes I have seen and the support beyond understanding I have had for my emotional and spiritual needs.


Physically, I have gained a device that incredibly brought me comfort has helped me gain more energy. A device that helped me become comfortable in my body again (something I thought impossible). A device that has helped me continue to function for myself and my family while in another pregnancy, now at 31 weeks. A device that helped me  find comfort in this pregnancy from a variety of other discomforts that come with being this far along.


It was a BEMER and a prayer. It was God fulfilling that prayer and giving me people who love me who had my best interest at heart who wanted to connect with me and help me find comfort and peace. He gave me the opportunity to use a device that has physically helped me, and now a support system that I can turn to. 


It began with a BEMER and a prayer. It continues by God’s grace and His love, everlasting. It is difficult to find the words that can express how much has changed in the last year.


How tired I was, how desperate I was, and how much I have grown in mind, body, and soul is a reminder that God does answer prayer and He does use prayer to change us. He sends us His Holy Spirit and uses the hands and feet of the Church to nurture us and remind us that He is there in all things and in all seasons.


“Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.”


‭‭Psalm‬ ‭103‬:‭1‬-‭5‬

Comments

  1. Dear sister Shelby, We know that our good and gracious God blessed us so that we can be a blessing to others. You are a blessing to our church youth, your family and friends. I pray that the rest of the journey until you meet your little girl will be comfortable and that your growing family will be a blessing for our community for many years to come 🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Joy Comes in the Morning

Joyful in the Spirit, Grieved in the Flesh

BEMER and a Prayer Postpartum