In the Midst of Life…

This Holy Week has gone in a blur. It seems that many days go by in this manner! The nights feel long, but I know these years are short. It is difficult when we are struggling with patience. But then there are sprinkles of moments where I see Samuel reflecting Christ’s love to me or to others. His selfless service puts me in awe. Hannah’s sunshine smiles seem to spread love everywhere she looks. She makes my heart soar.


More often than not, when we are going through daily life, it feels fruitless. I feel like I can’t focus or that I can’t keep the kids reined in for others to focus. But as my faithful husband always reminds me, it has nothing to do with me. What is happening in our hearts during these times has all to do with God and His Spirit. He is working within us even if we do not see or understand it. Thankfully, He is renewing our hearts and minds as He sees fit. I am thankful this happened to my heart and mind this Holy Week.


The cool thing is that Christ came to save us from sin, death, and the grave even as life was happening. Even as mothers were nursing their children in the wee hours of the night, fathers were working tirelessly to provide for their children. Even as spouses were working through their differences and siblings were learning how to be gentle with one another. Even as I feel defeated, He is not. In the midst of it all, Christ was and is and will be there. 


Life happens even as Christ saves us. He does it all in the midst of the busyness of life. In the midst of me trying to help a new kid learn our expectations, keeping a 3-nager's emotions in check, and nursing a baby all within our area of the pew, Christ is serving us and letting us know “tetelestai.” It is finished. By no work of my own. By no merit of how quiet or loud my children are or how rumpled my mind is. Thank you, Lord, for this peace.


Lord, have mercy. Christ, have mercy. Lord, have mercy. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joy Comes in the Morning

Joyful in the Spirit, Grieved in the Flesh

BEMER and a Prayer Postpartum